Monday, January 28, 2013

Preparing for my Departure

I am sitting here in my cozy home, relaxing with my roommates, and enjoying a glass of wine. The wind is whistling by our windows as a snowstorm engulfs our little blue house. This is my comfort zone. However, in two days I will be departing to Mumbai, India, with much of my upcoming travels unknown to me. Fortunately, friends of friends will be taking me into their homes while I spend the month doing a Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Rotation at the Hinduja Hospital during February. In medical school, I am used to structure and certainty. Soon I will be delving into the unknown, full of uncertainty! I am ready to leave my comfort zone and explore a whole new world, completely foreign to me, and much beyond this familiar little blue house. Only two more days and my adventure will begin!

1 comment: