Friday, February 1, 2013

Arrived in India!




I have arrived in Mumbai, India!! Thankfully everything went very smoothly for my travels. AND there was no one next to me on my 9 hr flight to Amsterdam- so I got to lay down and sleep :) I've never flown over the Atlantic ocean. It was a bumpier ride than I had imagined, lots of wind. I love it when your stomach drops when the plane dips a little bit! I was reading through my key phrases in Hindi and trying to practice the alphabet... however I feel goofy when I try actually talking to people. Hopefully I get a few of the words right...

Thankfully at the airport my ride was waiting for me! I'm staying with a friend of a friend here in India. We came back to her place and I am absolutely blown away at how generous she's being :) I get my own room and bathroom! (yep- that pic is my new bedroom!) She's even letting me use a phone and will get a sim card tomorrow. Tomorrow she's gonna show me the area, how to use the rickshaw/taxi cabs to get around and go to work. She even typed up phone numbers for friends here and key phrases that will help me get around! She won't be here for the whole month so I hope she can teach me everything I need to know before she leaves in a week! 

In Michigan, it's Thursday, Jan 31st, 3:30pm. Here it is Friday, Feb 1st, 2am. It's strange how time is all relative... Well, time to go bed! Tomorrow I get to explore Mumbai :) 

2 comments:

  1. Omg your bedroom is so fancy! And you're so lucky you had no one next to you on the plane! Glad you made it there safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! So fancy :) I love it!
    Richa is taking good care of me!
    I'm gonna talk to you in Hindi when I come home- I hope you're practicing :)

    ReplyDelete