Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mirchi- a Telugu Film

~ Mirchi~ (A Telugu Film) :) 

[If you YouTube, "Prabhas Mirchi Barbie Girl Song HQ- Anushka Shetty, Richa Gangopadhyay DSP" by Telagufilmnagar"- You'll get a sneak peak at one of the songs!]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Yesterday my roommate Richa took me to see her film, "Mirchi." It was just released last week! The film is in Telugu, so she gave me a brief of the story line on our way to the theater. When we arrived to get our tickets, a few people started glancing our way. When they realized one of the main leads in the movie just showed up, they surrounded us asking to take pictures with Richa. Haha. It was quite the experience!

Even though I didn't understand the language in the film, I knew the plot and thought it was great :) Their movies are quite different from ours. It was about a girl from a village (Richa) who left her village to go study in Italy. Back home, her life was very difficult in dealing with violence between  rival villages and the way women were treated at home. While in Milan, she falls in love with a guy and later realizes that he is from the rival village. The scenes are very dramatic, switching from violence and fighting to comedy to music video type clips. I loved it! It was definitely very entertaining!

After the movie, and after we escaped the mobs of people trying to take pictures, we enjoyed dinner at Indigo (a really good restaurant here). There was American music playing in the background and I forgot I was even in India. We had brownies and coffee for desert and took a cab home for the night. In addition to medicine, I get to see what the film industry is like here from the perspective of one of their movie stars! haha. Definitely not what I expected before making my journey from the States, but it has definitely been a great time so far! :)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



My roomie for the month :)

  
People taking pictures with the film star!

Desert at Indigo. So YUM.




No comments:

Post a Comment