Sunday, February 3, 2013

Guaca-Rita Party- in India!

Not used to taking pics next to actresses and models... definitely need to work on my tan... : /
Gauca-Rita Party- In India! 
Club in Bandra- Trying to learn these Bollywood dance moves! 

Yesterday I experienced my first Gauca-rita party in India! We made gaucamole and mojitos/margaritas for everyone.  Richa said she had to go to townside (south of here) to find avacados but no one knew what they were. They thought they were peppers because they are so rare here. It's funny that I was just in Guatemala in Oct and Nicaragua in Dec, and came to India to have a guacamole party! It was definitely tasty tho! It's interesting how certain areas like the clubs and Bollywood/Tollywood scene are so Americanized. I'm sure I will see the contrast of other parts of Mumbai when I go to work tomorrow and explore other areas here. I'm learning about how different northern and southern India are and how their cultures are different. In the south, there are four languages that people speak in addition to Hindi. I don't know how they keep them all straight! Reading my travel India book makes me want to see the entire country. There are unique things about each state/union territory, such a rich history and culture, and so many beautiful things to see! Perhaps I'll have to come back one day :) 

It has been fun learning about Bollywood and Tollywood and how the film industry works here. I love that their movies have singing and dancing. I wanna learn their dance moves! We watched the trailer for Richa's film coming out this Thursday. She has to leave to go promote it so I'll be here on my own for a while, but am so excited to go see it with her when she comes back home! Being in medicine, I feel like I live in a little bubble and am so far removed from entertainment. It has definitely been fun learning about business, entertainment, language, religion, and culture here. I have a lot to learn! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Richa is taking such good care of you... and making sure you have plenty of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete